You can look up a property on Contra Costa County's property mapping database, CCMAP.
2. Enter street address: for example 2530 Arnold Dr
3. Click on the address link that is returned.
4. Click on the "identify" icon on top menu:
5. On the map, click on the property you are interested in:
6. Parcel information will appear on the right. Links to Property Tax info and Assessor's map for parcel are also included.
7. For Zoning information, click on the "LAYERS" option on top menu and check the box next to "Zoning".
8. For Flood Zone information, click on LAYERS, open the Geologic Hazard/Natural Hazard folder, and select/check "Flood Zone - FEMA". Click on the "identify" icon then on your property in the map to display the information.
|Note: property OWNER NAME is not included (only owner's address included as "Mail Address"); call the Assessor's office - (925) 313-7400 - for this - they will give up to 5 owner names for free. If the APN is not known, they will transfer the call to Drafting/Mapping at 925.313.7435|
Why no Owner Name online?
California Government Code 6254.21 states that "No state or local agency shall post the home address or telephone number of any elected or appointed official on the Internet without first obtaining the written permission of that individual." As the cost to collect and continuously update this information is prohibitive, the CCMap web site does not display the Assessee name information.
|See also, ParcelQuest, a new simple search tool that allows you to view parcel maps, assessed values, and details about houses in a simple and easy-to-use way.|