You can receive text and/or email courtesy notices when holds are ready, before items are due, and when items are overdue. We recommend you sign up for all of the following services:
- Add / change your email address to receive email courtesy notices from the Library (add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or spam filter settings). Otherwise, you will receive automated phone calls.
- Opt-in for text (SMS) hold notices.
This can be done either with staff assistance or you may do it online via the Visual Catalog:
1. Log in to Visual Account in upper right hand corner of Visual Catalog page.
2. Select Account Summary tab.
3. On left menu, select Opt-in & Notifications.
4. Select Change Contact Info to update cell phone number and associated
- Sign up for LibraryElf -
a 3rd party service we subscribe to, on your behalf, so you may:
- consolidate your family's library cards
- receive text (SMS) notices
- receive courtesy email at an alternate email address
Notices are provided as a courtesy; borrowers are responsible for picking up holds and returning materials on time.
If, for any reason, you don't receive a courtesy notice, you are responsible for any late
You can log in to your Library account and monitor the status of your holds or your due dates:
• Log in to Visual Catalog
• Select Checked Out to see the due dates
• Select Holds to see if status is "ready for pickup" and the "pick up by" date