Catalog My Account Research eBooks Suggest a Purchase Contact Us

Library FAQs

Click question below to see complete answer.

How do I get a refund for amounts already paid?


  • If you paid for a lost item by cash or check, then you may be able to get a partial refund if the item is found and returned in good condition within one year of the date the lost charges were paid. The refund will include the total amount paid for the lost item, minus the $10.00 non-refundable processing charge. You must retain the paper receipt provided when the initial payment was made to receive a refund. 
  • Refunds are not available for payments made online, by credit card or debit card. The online payment service is unable to provide the type of receipt required by the County Auditor/Controller in order to issue a refund.
  • Online payments for lost or damaged items should only be made when you are sure they were not returned to the library and are not likely to be found in the future. If you feel there is a chance a lost item was returned to the library or might be found, then it is recommended that you visit a community library to make your payment where library staff will be able to issue a detailed receipt required for refund eligibility.

Submitting a Request for Refund

  • If you are entitled to a partial refund, staff will fill out the Patron Refund Demand (form D15).  Your signature will be required, along with a copy of the payment receipt for the lost item. 
  • The Patron Refund Demand (form D15) will be submitted to the County Auditor/Controller for consideration. 
  • If the request is approved, a refund check will be mailed  to the person requesting the refund. This process may take 6 – 8 weeks to complete. 
  • Staff are not authorized to issue refunds directly from the cash register.

Note: Refunds are not available for payments made through e-commercem using VISA or MasterCard,


Browse by Topic Browse All


Live Chat is Offline